Judge Kim Brown
Kim BrownJudgeTerm Expires: January 2025
|Contact||For Information Regarding||Photo|
|Jennifer R. Cordle|
See Ohio Rules of Civil Procedure and the Franklin County Rules of Practice for the Court of Common Pleas - General Division.
Not part of the original case schedule. Parties may request a scheduling conference if they have completed their Civ.R. 26(F) meeting and filed the Rule 26(F) Conference Report and Proposed Joint Discovery Plan form. The form can be found at Loc.R. 16.
Not part of the original case schedule, but will be set at parties’ request.
See the dispositive motion deadline in the original case schedule and Local Rules:
See Local Rule 47 and the discovery cut-off date in the original case schedule.
Court will refer cases to the Magistrate for mediation, so long as the mediation does not interfere with the trial date assigned in the original case schedule.
Continuances or Amended Case Schedules
All continuances and amendments to the original case schedule, even if agreed to by all parties, must be submitted to the Court for its approval.
- All pre-trial statements shall be submitted and filed with the Court by the date of the pre-trial conference, if set, or fourteen days prior to trial.
- Counsel shall prepare proposed jury instructions and forward them as an email attachment fourteen days prior to the trial date to my staff attorney.
- All motions in limine shall be filed thirty days prior to the trial date, and shall also be emailed to my staff attorney.
- Any party intending to use a power-point presentation during opening statements shall submit a copy of their presentation to the Court for its approval, 14 days before the trial date.
- All voir dire shall be limited to thirty minutes per side, and the Court will conduct preliminary questioning of the jurors.
- Opening statements will not exceed 30 minutes per side and closing arguments will not exceed 45 minutes per side.