Pursuant to the Court’s Third General Order in Response to the COVID-19 Public Health Emergency (20MS-168), Judge Chris Brown issues the following orders regarding civil cases:
- All currently scheduled Trials will be rescheduled to dates beginning in September 2020. Scheduling inquiries should be directed to Staff Attorney Shanda Behrens.
- All Pretrial Hearings will be conducted via email with the Staff Attorney. Pretrial hearings may be arranged via video or telephone conference upon request. Please contact the staff attorney regarding any inquiries.
- Any discovery disputes should be directed to Staff Attorney Behrens. The Court will provide a timely response.
- Discovery shall continue in all civil matters, except that depositions shall be conducted by video conferencing.
- If you wish to refer a matter to Magistrate Thompson for mediation or trial, please contact him via his contact form.
Judge Chris Brown thanks you for your patience and understanding in these difficult circumstances. Please understand that these orders may change as more information on COVID-19 and Ohio Department of Health recommendations becomes available.