Civil Stalking Protection Order (CSPO) or
Civil Sexually Oriented Offense Protection Order (CSOOPO)
To file a petition for a Civil Stalking Protection Order in the Franklin County Court of Common Pleas, General Division, you must:
- Be a resident of Franklin County
- Provide valid photographic identification, such as a valid driver's license, US passport or state I.D.
- Have been a victim of one of the following:
- One sexually-oriented offense
- Two or more incidents, involving the person against whom you are seeking protection (respondent), in which you believed you were in danger
- Not have children with the respondent
- Physically come to the courthouse; this type of case cannot be filed electronically.
Petitions must be physically filed Monday through Friday during the following hours:
- 8 a.m. to 12 p.m. or 1 p.m. to 3 p.m.
Please plan to be at the Court for approximately 2 hours to complete the appropriate paperwork and for the initial ex-parte hearing before the Duty Magistrate.
If you have questions pertaining to obtaining these protection orders, please call either one of the following numbers:
Continuance of Scheduled Final Hearing
If you are requesting a continuance of your scheduled final hearing, please call the following number:
For general information regarding the different types of protection orders, refer to Franklin County Clerk of Court's website.